10.28.2010

Is That Legal?

I've been trying to jazz up our menu lately, and I thought I had a fabulous idea for this evening's dinner. Years ago I remember having cinnamon roll french toast at some random breakfast place. It was divine. Haven't had anything like that since, and I wanted to make something similar for my guys tonight.

I swung into Dunford Bakers to pick up apple fritters. They didn't have any today, so I got the last 3 cherry fritters and a few pershings.

Dunford Bakers Pershing
I cut these bad boys in half (think glazed hamburger bun), dipped the halves in the egg mix, and grilled them up.

I also made some divine buttermilk syrup (see recipe below) and we sat down to eat.

Evan had taken a couple of bites, and he said
Mom? How many calories do you think are in this?!
You know it's bad when your children are concerned about their caloric intake. Good news is that no one (including me) could eat more than one slice. That was one rich, delectable mouth full!

Griffin concluded our dinner conversation with
Mom? Do they let you feed your kids stuff like this? Can they take you to prison for feeding us doughnuts for dinner?
And for your viewing pleasure... Here is the nutritional information on the pershings.

Buttermilk Syrup
1 1/2 c sugar
3/4 c buttermilk
1/2 c butter
2 T corn syrup
1 t baking soda
2 T vanilla

Combine all ingredients except vanilla in a pan. Bring to a boil. Cook for 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.

Oh YUM!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails