8.07.2010

Fried Spam, Cheese and Baloney!!!

My missing oldest child returned from scout camp today. I spent the afternoon hugging the boy and kissing his sweet cheeks. How did I forget how tall he is?

While I was figuring out which questions to ask so that I would receive more than one word answers, I stumbled across this little tidbit:

Me: So - what was your favorite meal?

Him: French Toast and sausage.

insert crickets chirping here

Me: Did you eat anything that you typically wouldn't?(This is based on me knowing that male scout leaders would not cater to the whims of picky eaters)

Him: Um, ya know, fried spam was not as bad as I thought it would be.

insert crickets chirping here - this time from me because I'm completely flummoxed.

They freaking fed my son fried spam!!!

Dear future daughter-in-law - I just want you to know that fried spam has never been something I have prepared for this darling boy to eat. He did that all on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails