9.03.2009

School is cool...

The past couple of weeks have been very emotional for me. First of all - Carson started Middle School. He's quit talking to me other than in one word spurts when he gets home. Jon can get a whole string of stories out of him, but me? Not so much... A friend at work suggested that I wait a couple of hours to start asking him questions. I've done this the past couple of days, and CJ has taken to seeking me out and asking if something is wrong with me! Love it...


Evan started school the day after Carson, and it's his first time going without his older brother. I should have thought this through and realized that this would be a slight problem. We dealt with it by going out to breakfast before school on the morning of his big day.
Griff was the one I was the most hesitant about. I'll be the first to admit that I amped up the "He's my baby..." this summer. Jon informed me that I had to quit because I was stressing the boy out. Does this looked stressed to you?
This morning was pretty funny. Carson woke Griff up to give him some big brother advice about entering kindergarten. Evan hung back until Carson left. Once that happened, Evan swept into full on defensive big brother mode.  I don't even know why I was here! Griff didn't need anyone else - it was all Evan. Notice the hand at Griff's back guiding him where he's supposed to go? The other hand was on the other shoulder...  Also notice the length of the bus driver's beard. The kids are calling him skinny Santa, but his name is Jim.
I'll leave you with this beautiful image. I'm off to pop open a Diet Coke and bask in solitude on my front porch. I love today.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy yourself! By the way, I love your new background! In fact, I've loved all your backgrounds. How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My borrowed boy is so grown-up! (sniff sniff)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup-your youngest is definitely in school..you had this post up pretty quick! Only a mom with some free time can pull that off! It takes me days before I get up most posts! Your boys are so cute! I can't believe how big Evan is getting-he's stuck at 6 in my mind!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails