Yesterday I met up with three of the best roommates that a girl could ever have. In this lot there's a mechanical engineer, environmental engineer, AP English teacher, and nurse. There are 3 marriages and 9 children between us. See that knockout on the end? She's single. Know any successful, confident, attractive, desirable, single men near 40? Talk to me, and let's see what we can do...
When I've given roommate advice to my college-age nieces, the year I draw on the most is the year I lived with Lisa (pink), Karen (purple), and Julie (white). Apartment 3 was full of emotion. Two of us were engaged, so imagine 2 very tolerant fiancees, hectic school and study schedules, and the hormones associated with starting birth control. You know what? The 4 of us had an unforgettable time together.
I learned a lot from these three:
- They had my back
- They wanted what was best for me and wanted me to do my best
- Visiting teaching is completely enjoyable when done the first week of the month
- Being motivated to go after what you want is a very good thing
- Intelligent women can be powerful and female at the same time - and sometimes that includes nail polish, hair bows, and short skirts
- Most times you need to shave before being seen in your swimsuit
- Decorating is delightful
- Sharing food prep, dinner, and cleanup multiple times each week strengthens relationships and makes home a place you love to be