3.20.2010

Adventures in Wildness


Griffin turned 6 yesterday, and we had a fabulous camping-themed birthday party! We had an incredible time, and I could not have done it without Carson, Evan, and my incredible neighbor McKenzie. Bday parties are so much easier when you've got older kids and willing teenagers to help!

Party activities included:
  • T-shirt painting
  • Snipe hunt (complete with sleeping like a bear - I'm not sure why laying on your back represents this - but I didn't have to run this activity to I am NOT complaining, slithering like snakes, crawling under branches, growling like a mountain lion)
  • Feeding the Bear (tossed balls into the grizzlie's mouth - there's some pitching talent in this young gene pool!)
  • Cups O'Fire (tossed balls into cups decorated like fire)
  • Bug Hunt (hid bugs, snakes, lizards outside for party goers to find)
  • Presents
  • Dinner (hot dogs, chips, carrots, olives - all served in a metal pie plate - and bug juice)
  • Marshmallow Roasting
  • Cake (Of all the ones I've made, this is one of my favorites)
Whew! After the party Jon, the boys and I all went to a dollar movie. Even with help I was one tired mama! I slept until 11:30 today!

Each of my boys has had a party that I'm fond of. Carson - backyard water party. Evan - pirate party. Griffin - daytime camping fest.

3 comments:

  1. That is an impressive list of games! Also, I am unwilling to believe that Griff is 6. It can't be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally using this as inspiration for a 3 year old party I'm planning for a friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails